With a new school year already started, and Fall on the horizon, September is the perfect time to make some personal improvements before it’s New Year’s Resolution time again. Personal development evolves over a long period of time, but is certainly worth it.
Happy Self-Improvement Month!
- Take a demonstration cooking class at the Ojai Culinary School, located on East Matilija Street at the Lavender Inn.
- Hone a professional skill with lynda.com, based out of Carpinteria, an online video library of tutorials available in five languages.
- Auditions for the holiday production of Cinderella, a Panto will be held September 13th, 14th, and 15th at the Ojai Art Center on South Montgomery Street.
- Self-publish a book in 5 minutes on Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing site.
- Teach a Life Enhancement class at Santa Barbara City College’s School of Extended Learning.
- Consider a complimentary Mindful Life Coaching consultation with Brook Montagna, LMFT.
- Make steps toward a major life change with the aid of Hypnotherapy, Therapeutic Imagery, and Certified Hypnotherapist Leslie Bouche C.Ht.
- Read about Brian Galetto, a Villanova teacher that spent two years initiating a conversation about the Homeless living in Ventura County, through “compassionate communication”.
- Welcome the Autumn vibe with a healthy dish or two: Roasted Fall Vegetable and Ricotta Pizza, One Pan Pork Chops with Apples and Onions, or Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Spread.
- Learn about the relationship between your blood type and your diet, and how that connection effects your health.
- Try a new morning routine inspired by some of the most successful people in business.
- Pitch a tent with a view at Dennison Campground.
- Go horseback riding with your kids and the Ojai Valley Trail Riding Company.
- Book a day to go fishing with the Lake Casitas Bass Fishing Guide Service.
- Spend time appreciating the link between plants and people in the Learning Garden at Ecotopia.
- Be sure to catch the 70th Primetime Emmy Awards: September 21st on NBC, with hilarious hosts Colin Jost and Michael Che.
There’s an App for that